- This event has passed.
European Young People’s Conference 2015
July 26, 2015 @ 5:00 pm - August 1, 2015 @ 2:00 pm£120
Young Peoples’ Applications
Applicants from the UK and Ireland may attend the conference as young people if they are in secondary school through to the completion of the first year of university or equivalent.
|Conference||Academic Years Completed|
|Junior||7, 8 , 9, 10|
|Senior||11 ,12 ,13, Uni 1st yr.|
- Have completed Year 7 (going into year 8) and have attended a residential young peoples’ conference in the UK. (I.e. Yr 7 conference, Thetford Camp, UK YP conference or WST)
- Otherwise, have completed Year 8 (going into year 9)
Those who have completed the first year of university or equivalent have the following options:
- Last year to attend as a young person
- First year to attend as a helper either as:
- A helper with Junior group
- A practical serving one
Serving Ones and Helpers
All serving ones and helpers from the UK are subject to approval from the UK coordinating brothers and are required to:
- Be a pattern to the young people, including keeping all the regulations
- Possess a valid DBS or CRB to serve with young people
- Attend a UK serving ones orientation Lord’s Day July 26th at 2pm in Poland
New (First Time) Serving Ones and Helpers
In addition to the above, those attending for the first time as a serving one or helper are required to:
- Read through “How to Lead the Young People”
- Write what they have enjoyed from this booklet and why they would like to serve
- Attend the morning coordination meetings during the conference
- Be clustered together with more experienced serving ones
Ratios of Serving Ones
There must be one serving one for every three young people attending. This means that those coming from the UK and Ireland may need to coordinate and blend in their clusters to cover this ratio.
Travel Dates and Arrangements
Due to the limited numbers of flights and increase in prices, this year we have added the possibility of arriving a day earlier. In order to take care of transport arrangements to the conference, please book your flights according to the following guidelines:
ARRIVALS in Krakow (KRK)
Saturday 25th of July
- Arriving in Krakow before 5pm – can take coach to Ma?e Ciche
- Arriving in Krakow after 5pm – *stay in Krakow and catch a coach Lord’s Day
Lord’s Day 26th of July
- Arriving before 2pm – can take coach to Ma?e Ciche
* There is a reasonably priced university dormitory we have used in previous years called Hotel Studencki “Piast”, rooms can be booked at their website:http://www.hotelestudenckie.pl
DEPARTURES from Krakow (KRK)
Saturday 1st of August
- Departing after 5pm
Lord’s Day 2nd of August
Please coordinate your flights with the saints in your cluster. No young people will be allowed to arrive the day early on the 25th or remain a day later on the 2nd of August without accompanying serving adults.
We strongly suggest that you do not make any travel plans for the conference until you receive the confirmation that you have been accepted.
Extra Day Before and After
We recommend that saints from the UK arrive a day early before the conference on Saturday 25th July and remain an extra night, returning on Lord’s Day 2nd August.
On the Saturday afternoon after the conference, along with the saints from the US and some other countries, there will be a trip to the nearby town of Zakopane for a gospel time and sightseeing, followed by an overflow meeting in the evening. For those flying on Lord’s Day, attendance at these activities is not optional as the conference regulations will still apply – it will still be necessary therefore to maintain the ratio of one serving adult for every three young people participating.
Payment for the extra days must be made as a part of registration. To cover meals and snacks on the excursion each person will need to bring approximately £10 in addition to the above costs.