We are having a conference for the new year 7 students on the weekend of September 18th (Friday) to September 20th (Lord’s Day).
Please plan if possible to arrive by 7pm for registration and the first meeting at 7.30pm. The young people and serving ones will need to have eaten before arriving but we will be having hot dogs later in the evening after the meeting. The Conference will end after lunch on Lord’s Day.
There will be a fee of £50 for the weekend.
The conference will cover The Fall and Man’s Need of Salvation and also go further to talk about growing in life and being in the church life. For those who have already received the Lord, this will be an affirming and memorial time. For others it may be their first opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
We are burdened that the young people are brought by the saints who have been taking care of them in their localities and that these ones will remain to serve with them during the weekend. We therefore would hope that the sending localities would plan to send roughly one serving one for every young person at the conference. We would also encourage any saints who are burdened to serve practically during the conference to register. We hope this group will then be baptized in their own districts and localities in the weeks after this conference and continue to be cared for as new believers by the parents and serving ones that have brought them to this point.
Registration is now open online at www.ukypwork.org.
Please register by the Lord’s Day the 13th of September which is the latest date we can give the camp our official numbers
What to bring
- A Bible, hymn book, pens
- Sleeping bag (or bottom sheet and duvet), pillow and pillow case, towel and toiletries.
- Meeting clothes:
- Brothers: Smart Comfortable T Shirt or Shirt and trousers
- Sisters: Smart Comfortable top with modest neckline and trousers or skirt/dress (below the knee in length)
- Activity clothes. We will be staying on a campsite. The majority of the young people will be inside but some will be staying in tents so bring warm clothes and pillow cases. We will also be doing lots of activities in the forest on Saturday afternoon so you will need one set of activity clothes which you are not worried about getting muddy, shoes which can get wet and a black plastic bag to put dirty clothes into.
- Please DO NOT bring ANY electronic devices, including mobile phones. Serving ones will have their phones available if a young person needs to call or be contacted from outside the conference for any reason.