We are having a conference for the new year 7 students on the weekend of September 19th (Friday) to September 21st (Lord’s Day).
Please plan if possible to arrive by 6pm for registration. A light (sandwich) dinner will be provided on Friday evening from 6pm onwards, as needed. The first meeting will begin at 7:30 pm and will include an introductory word as well as a time for singing and enjoyment. The Conference will end after lunch on Lord’s Day.
There will be a fee of £50 for the weekend.
The conference will cover The Fall and Man’s Need of Salvation and also go further to talk about growing in life and being in the church life. For those who have already received the Lord, this will be an affirming and memorial time. For others it may be their first opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
We are burdened that the young people are brought by the saints who have been taking care of them in their localities and that these ones will remain to serve with them during the weekend. We hope this group will then be baptized in their own districts and localities in the weeks after this conference and continue to be cared for as new believers by the parents and serving ones that have brought them to this point.
All those intending to come, including young people, parents and serving ones need to complete the online registration.
The deadline for registration is Lord’s Day, the 14th of September.
Every young person will also need to bring with them a completed consent form.
What to bring
- A Bible, hymn book, pens
- Sleeping bag (or bottom sheet and duvet), pillow and pillow case, towel and toiletries.
- Meeting clothes:
- Brothers: shirt with collar and sleeves and trousers
- Sisters: blouse with modest neckline and sleeves and skirt/dress (below the knee in length)
- Activity clothes
- Please DO NOT bring ANY electronic devices, including mobile phones. Serving ones will have their phones available if a young person needs to call or be contacted from outside the conference for any reason.
- £50 and completed consent form