- This event has passed.
Year 7 Conference 2021
September 3 - September 5£50
Subject: Man’s Fall, Salvation, Growing in Life and the Church Life
Location: Woodland Camp, Manor Road, Lambourne End, Romford, RM4 1NB
Date: 3 September (Friday) to 5 September (Lord’s Day)
Cost: £50 for the weekend. Pay on arrival.
The Year 7 conference is intended for young people who have just started year 7, their first year of secondary school.
We are having a conference for the new year 7 students on the weekend of 3 September (Friday) to 5 September (Lord’s Day).
Please plan if possible to arrive by 7pm for registration and the first meeting at 7.30pm. The young people and serving ones will need to have eaten before arriving but we will be having hot dogs later in the evening after the meeting. The Conference will end after lunch on Lord’s Day. There will be a fee of £50 for the weekend.
We require all our serving ones to have the relevant DBS check done for residential events. If you have not had a DBS check with the church in London in the last 3 years, or if you are not registered with the DBS update service, we will need you to do so. You will also need to complete the church in London
safeguarding training process. If you have not already done so we will send you more information after registration.
The conference is entitled ‘Where are you?’ and will cover man’s fall, the need of salvation, and growing in life and being in the church life. For those who have already received the Lord, this will be an affirmation and a time to consecrate to the Lord. For others, it may be their first opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
We are burdened that the young people be brought by the saints who have been taking care of them in their localities, and that these ones will remain to serve with them during the weekend. We especially hope that the parent of the child would attend with the young person at the conference. If this is not possible, please fellowship with the saints in your locality or region to see who could attend with the young person. We would also encourage any saints who are burdened to serve practically during the conference to register. We hope this group of young people will then be baptised in their own halls and localities in the weeks after this conference and continue to be cared for as new believers by the parents and serving ones that have brought them to this point.
Registration is now closed.
If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
What to bring
- A Bible, hymn book, pens
- Sleeping bag (or bottom sheet and duvet), pillow and pillow case, towel and toiletries.
- Meeting clothes:
- Brothers: Smart Comfortable T Shirt or Shirt and trousers
- Sisters: Smart Comfortable top with modest neckline and trousers or skirt/dress (below the knee in length)
- Activity clothes. We will be staying on a campsite. The majority of the young people will be inside but if the numbers become too great there may be a need for some to stay in tents so bring warm clothes and pillow cases. We will let you know in advance if you are in a tent. We will also be doing lots of activities in the forest on Saturday afternoon so you will need one set of activity clothes which you are not worried about getting muddy, shoes, which can get wet and a black plastic bag to put dirty clothes into.
- Please DO NOT bring ANY electronic devices, including mobile phones.
- Serving ones will have their phones available if a young person needs to call or be contacted from outside the conference for any reason.