- This event has passed.
European Young People Conference 2016
July 29, 2016 - August 4, 2016£120
Applicants from the UK and Ireland may attend the conference as young people if they are in secondary school through to the completion of the first year of university or equivalent.
|Conference||Academic Years Completed|
|Junior||7, 8 , 9, 10|
|Senior||11 ,12 ,13, Uni 1st yr.|
- Have completed Year 7 (going into year 8) and have attended a residential young people’s conference in the UK. (I.e. Yr 7 conference, Thetford Camp, UK YP conference or WST)
- Otherwise, have completed Year 8 (going into year 9)
Those who have completed the first year of university or equivalent have the following options:
- Last year to attend as a young person
- First year to attend as a helper either as:
- A helper with Junior group
- A practical serving one
Serving Ones and Helpers
All serving ones and helpers from the UK are subject to approval from the UK coordinating brothers and are required to:
- Be a pattern to the young people, including keeping all the regulations
- Possess a valid DBS or CRB to serve with young people
New (First Time) Serving Ones and Helpers
In addition to the above, those attending for the first time as a serving one or helper are required to:
- Read through “How to Lead the Young People”
- Write what they have enjoyed from this booklet and why they would like to serve
- Attend the morning coordination meetings during the conference
- Be clustered together with more experienced serving ones
Ratios of Serving Ones
There must be one serving one for every three young people attending. This means that those coming from the UK and Ireland may need to coordinate and blend in their clusters to cover this ratio.
Travel Dates and Arrangements
In order to take care of transport arrangements to the conference, please book your flights according to the following guidelines:
ARRIVALS in Krakow (KRK)
Friday, 29th of July
Recommended Flight from London:
- Ryanair STN-KRK 08:45 – 12:10
- easyJet LGW-KRK 09:20 – 12:45
- BA LHR-KRK 10:00 – 13:25
*There are many other flights flying to Krakow apart from London. Please arrange to arrive before 2:00pm so you can take the coach to Małe Ciche.
DEPARTURES from Krakow (KRK)
Thursday, 4th of August
Recommended Flight to London:
- Ryanair KRK-STN 16:50 – 18:25
- BA LHR-KRK 20:55 – 22:30
- Ryanair STN-KRK 21:50 – 23:25
*There are many other flights flying from Krakow to other airports. Please arrange to depart no earlier than 5:00pm.
Please coordinate your flights with the saints in your cluster. No young people will be allowed to arrive a day early on the 28th of July or remain a day later on the 5th of Augustwithout accompanying serving adults.
We strongly suggest that you do not make any travel plans for the conference until you receive the confirmation that you have been accepted.
Extra Day After
On the Thursday afternoon after the conference, along with the saints from the US and some other countries, there will be a trip to the nearby town of Zakopane for a gospel time and sightseeing, followed by an overflow meeting in the evening. For those flying on Friday, attendance at these activities is not optional as the conference regulations will still apply – it will still be necessary therefore to maintain the ratio of one serving adult for every three young people participating.
Payment for the extra day must be made as a part of registration. To cover meals and snacks on the excursion each person will need to bring approximately £10 in addition to the above costs.